The situation regarding coronavirus (C0VID-19) continues to evolve, and we want to share with you the most recent actions we are taking at Twin Bridges Marina (TBM) to protect the well-being of our team members and our customers.
On Monday, March 23, 2020 Governor Jay Inslee announced the “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order which will take effect beginning Thursday March 26, 2020 and is scheduled to continue for two (2) weeks.
This order will:
- Require every Washingtonian to stay home unless they need to pursue an essential activity
- Ban all gatherings for social, spiritual and recreational purposes.
- Close all businesses except essential businesses.
“The less time we spend in public, the more lives we will save,” Inslee said.
Because TBM provides many of our customers with access to their homes in the San Juan Islands and there is a need for marina personnel to monitor and protect all TBM customer boats while in storage, TBM is considered by the state to be an essential form of business and thus allowed to continue essential operations. Tom ‘n Jerry’s Boat Center is allowed to continue servicing and maintaining customer boats as well.
Here at TBM we our doing our best to practice social distancing and encourage others to do the same. We have implemented the following best practices in order to comply with the spirit and intent of the state order:
- Our administrative offices are closed to all individuals except TBM staff.
- All services and appointments must be made via phone (Office: 360-466-1443). This includes service personnel scheduled to work on customer boats.
- We ask that you please assist in the launch and retrieval of your boat on and off the forks so that our operators can continue to operate safely while incorporating social distancing in their day to day operations. There will be no dock assistants interacting with customers and their boats.
- TBM staff will regularly clean and disinfect gate, bathroom door, faucet and toilet handles
- Every other outdoor work stand will remain vacant so as to allow adequate spacing between customers
It is important for everyone to understand that our ability to keep TBM open depends on customer’s understanding and complying with this state order to the best of their abilities. If you travel is not essential, our recommendation is that you stay at home. More stringent lock-downs may come from the state if enough people do not follow proper social distancing and best practices.
Thank you for your loyalty and understanding during this challenging time. We will continue to monitor this situation and update our website if conditions change.